Inverter clipping occurs when the DC input power of an inverter exceeds the inverter's AC power rating. It is normal to slightly oversize the DC array relative to the inverter, but if this DC-to-AC ratio is too high, a significant amount of generated energy will be lost. Aurora's performance simulation report indicates how much energy is lost due to clipping, leaving it up to the user to resize their design if desired.
Articles in this section
- 10/03/2019- Performance Simulation Update
- 07/11/2019- Shading Engine Update
- How to Switch your Simulation Engine to PV Watts
- How to Perform Submodule Simulation
- How to Change Weather Stations
- How to Download Monthly and Hourly Production Data
- What is Inverter Clipping?
- Modeling Cell-String Level PV Optimizers