Adding obstructions and trees will help model how these objects might create shade that impacts your solar designs over time. They will also allow you to accurately place modules only on available roof areas.
- To align your obstructions with your roof line, click on the yellow dot that appears in the center of your site. Point the resulting arrow in the direction of the roof you would like to align your obstructions.
- In the 2D view, click on the Add Obstruction tool in the toolbar. A submenu will appear showing you the types of obstructions you can add:
- Choose the Rectangle option. Move over to one of the obstructions and click and drag a rectangle around the obstruction.
- Right click on the obstruction you drew and set a setback if appropriate. Click on Detect Similar Obstructions.
- Remember to click on azimuth arrow so it becomes a dot again. This resets the roof to flat instead of sloped.
For more tips on using Aurora's Obstruction Detection feature review this article.
- Click on the Draw Tree(T) button in the right hand toolbar.
- Place your cursor on the center of the tree and click and drag until the circle is approximately the same size as the tree in the satellite image.
- (Optional) You can select a tree and use ctrl + C and ctrl + V to copy and paste it as well.
To add parapet walls follow the steps here.