Once you have completed your system design, Aurora can simulate how much energy the system will perform over time and then evaluate the financial return of the design.
Simulating energy output
- In your design, click on the Performance button in the left sidebar under Designs.
- By default you have Aurora's performance simulation. We highly recommend choosing Aurora's performance simulation, since it is considered the most accurate in the industry. Your account administrator is able to switch your default simulation engine to PVWatts in your account settings.
- Click the Simulate button on the right. A monthly chart will show how much energy the system generates.
Simulating the energy output paves the way for financial analysis.
You can simulate almost any type of financial product in Aurora, including cash deals, loans, PPAs and lease products. We will go through a simple cash deal.
- Go to Pricing on the sidebar on the left and switch the pricing mode from 'Line Items' to 'Cost/Watt'.
- Enter a cost per watt of $4.
- Navigate to Financings on the design sidebar and click Add Financing. Input the following parameters:
- Template: Aurora Sample Cash Financing
- Electricity Rates: NEM (TOU)
- Post Solar Utility: Aurora Sample Training Utility
- Post Solar Utility Rate: Aurora Sample Training Utility Rate
- Set 'Utility Rate Escalation' to 3%.
- When done click on Run Analysis to perform your financial analysis.