Adding obstructions and trees will help model how these objects might create shade that impacts your solar designs over time.
- In the 2D view, click on the Add Obstruction button in the sidebar on the right. A submenu will appear showing you the types of obstructions you can add:
- Choose the Rectangle option in the submenu.
- Move over to the chimney on the roof and click and drag a rectangle around the chimney area.
- Click on the Draw Tree button in the sidebar on the right.
- Place your cursor on the center of the tree and click and drag until the circle is approximately the same size as the tree in the satellite image.
3. Repeat this for all nearby trees
You can select a tree and use ctrl + C and ctrl + V to copy and paste it as well.