-Breaking up a complex roof into multiple buildings is a last resort – always try and model connected roof surfaces as one continuous surface.
-Pay close attention to the connection points of overlapping flaps- make sure that you do not connect all edges of the building but just the key intersections.
-Try to mimic the exact architecture of the building.
- Outline each roof plane that have a different height.
- Adjust the perimeters of each roof plane to sit closely next to each other.
- In the Site Model 3D section, adjust the heights by clicking on the corresponding wall of the building.
If a roof plane is still connected with another roof plane and has a higher wall height than the other, you will need to separate the edge apart.
- Outline each roof plane and create a slit where the height differs.
- Adjust the edges so that they overlap slightly.
- Go to the Site Model 3D section to view the result.