Once you have created a Project, you can create one or more Designs for it. A Design represents the solar installation that your are planning to install (or that is already present), with all of its electrical and mechanical components and connections.
By separating out the Project data from the Design, Aurora allows you to easily create multiple system design variants for the same location and compare them side-by-side.
In the Design view, you have the following sub-sections:
- System Design: In this CAD-like interface you can create your system design by placing modules, inverters and BOS components. To move from 2D to 3D, use the toggle buttons in the top left corner.
The 3D view automatically creates a 3D rendering of your system. You can export a screenshot for use in communication with your customer or use the Sun Path tool to identify any issues with shading in this system.
- Performance: In this section you can run performance simulations to get the estimated energy production of the system you designed. You can edit simulation parameters and compare results side-by-side.
- Pricing: This section lets you price your system by Cost/Watt or Line Items.
- Financing: Here you can run a detailed financial analysis of the system.
- Documents: Aurora automatically generates beautiful Proposals at the click of a button. Here you can also generate engineering documents: Bill of Materials will automatically generate a BOM for the design. Shade Report will automatically generate a shade report document for your design. Line Diagram automatically creates a single line diagram of your system, which you can edit and annotate and export as an image or as a DXF file for further processing in a CAD program of your choice.