Solar Access is a measure of the amount of sunlight lost due to shading during a certain time period.
In order to set a Minimum Solar Access Percentage, you will first need to run the Irradiance Map in your System Design.
There are two different ways you can add the Minimum access Solar Percentage. The first, is through the Fill Roof Face tool for residential projects.
- Click on Solar Panels in the right hand tool bar.
- Click Fill Roof Face.
- In the pop up box, adjust the percentage that you would like to set for the Minimum Solar Access Percentage.
The second way you can add in the Minimum Solar Access Percentage is through the Fill Zone tool for commercial projects.
- Click Solar Panels in the right hand tool bar.
- Click Fill Zone.
- Designate the zone you would like to fill by placing nodes to create a zone or by double clicking on the roof face you would like to fill.
- In the pop up menu that appears, adjust the solar access.