Using Aurora, you will be able to turn an address into a full customer-facing proposal in about 15 minutes. In this tutorial, we will walk you through creating a sample project from start to finish.
If at anytime you feel stuck, please contact support with your question.
Creating a New Project
On the Project page click the Create New Project button.
Note that when creating projects, you are also able to enter in latitude and longitude coordinates.
Follow along with our examples by filling out the form with the following information:
- Address: 140 S 400 W, Lindon, UT 84032
- Name: 5 Step Overview
You should have just been directed to your first project in Aurora. Now you are ready to input the customer's electric bill.
Entering Utility Information
Navigate to your project in the left side bar and click Consumption.
You have 3 options for entering consumptions data:
- Estimate: If the customer has a few monthly bills or energy usage (U.S. only).
- Manual Input: If the customer has one year of monthly bills or energy usage.
- Upload Data: If the customer has Green Button data or one year of hourly usage values (this will enable Aurora to estimate an hourly profile of their energy usage).
For the Utility Information, select the utility company, rate, and most recent utility rate version relevant to the project. In our case, we will use:
- Utility Provider: Aurora Sample Utility
- Utility Rate: Aurora Sample Training Rate
- Utility Rate Version: 04 Jul 2016 - Present
Entering Electric Bill Information
Underneath the monthly graph, make sure Energy is selected, and input energy (in kWh) for as many months as you can. Aurora will enter the rest for you.
If you only know the customer's bill amount, you can input that instead by clicking Bill.