Aurora Envision's obstruction detection helps improve the speed and accuracy of commercial system design. In order to make the best use of the feature, take the following actions:
- Draw the roof outline
- Select the largest obstruction that is frequently repeated. An AC unit is a good example.
- Select the Draw Obstruction icon, then click and drag around the shape of the obstruction. Make sure the shape you draw fits tightly with the actual obstruction.
- Right click on the obstruction, and click on Detect Similar Obstructions.
- Delete any false detections.
- Repeat steps 2 through 5 for the next biggest obstruction.
Toggle between Bing Imagery and Google imagery. Choose the one which has less noise, more contrast and high detail.