- Draw a section: Click on the Draw Roof button in the right hand toolbar. Place the cross hair on the map image and draw a polygon (closed shape) of all the areas where you would like to place modules. Keyboard Shortcut: r
- Set Azimuth: Click on the yellow dot and swivel the arrow in the direction of the surface's azimuth.
- Set Setbacks (optional): Click on Analyze Roof Structure if you have already set up the Jurisdictions in your database, the setbacks will auto-populate. If not, you can click on Settings and input the setbacks.
Learn more tips on adding in Setbacks here!
- Configure Setbacks (optional): Once step 3 has been completed, we may need to configure the setbacks. Right click on a segment, bringing up the properties box. Select the appropriate type for that particular segment. If the segment should not have any setbacks, set the type to 'none'.
- Draw in obstructions/trees: Click on the Draw Obstruction button in the right hand toolbar. You will see a submenu populate. Select one of the profile options to draw in the obstruction.
To draw in a tree, click on the Draw Tree button. Keyboard Shortcuts: W Rectangle, E Circle, Q Polygon and T for Tree.
You can copy/paste obstructions and trees by left clicking on the object, using CTRL C to copy and CTRL V to paste (windows) CMD C and CMD V (mac).