Using HD satellite imagery and LIDAR data, Aurora AI in Design Mode allows users to automatically detect and generate roof faces and obstructions within Design Mode using Aurora’s AI technology.
Aurora AI is an add-on to Custom Plans. To learn more and gain access, reach out to your account team
How to use the AI Roof
Aurora AI automatically detects and generates roof models in about 30 seconds, or even faster for simple roofs. Follow these steps to create an AI Roof:
1. In order to enable AI Roof, the app will load LIDAR and HD imagery for the site.
If LIDAR or HD imagery are not available, the app will show a warning message and the AI Roof feature will not be accessible. In these cases, you can manually draw the roof faces from Design Mode.
2. When available, select AI Roof from the Roof section in the Site menu.
3. If there are already roofs in the design, a modal will pop-up with the option to “Keep” or "Override" existing roofs with the AI roof. Click “Override roofs” to continue running AI Roof.
4. The app will run AI Roof and will generate the roof faces.
A warning message will be displayed if any issues are encountered during the AI Roof process. If an error occurs, you can manually draw the roof faces in Design Mode.
5. The roof faces can then be edited or modified as necessary.