Automatic inverter selection in Sales Mode allows a Sales Mode user to seamlessly add a compatible inverter to a design. Compatible inverters and optimizers (if applicable) are added based on a selected manufacturer that’s specified by an admin in Settings. Inverters and optimizers are selected based on the components enabled in the Component Database. The manufacturer can also be changed in each design in Sales Mode if permission is granted by an admin.
Table of Contents
- How to enable auto inverter selection in Sales Mode?
- How to add an inverter in Sales Mode?
- How are inverters and DC optimizers selected?
How to enable auto inverter selection in Sales Mode?
Admins can turn the feature on/off by following these steps:
- Navigate to “Settings”.
- Under “Projects and design”, click on “Design”.
- Click “Edit” at the top right corner.
- Under “Sales Mode inverters”, toggle on/off “Add inverters to system”. If toggled on, Aurora will automatically add inverters and optimizers (if applicable) when a user simulates a system design in Sales Mode.
- Under “Default manufacturer”, select the manufacturer you would like to include in designs by default. This list is populated based on inverters that are enabled in the Component Database.
- Toggle on/off “Allow inverter manufacturer choice”. If toggled on, users will be able to update the inverter manufacturer selected in Sales Mode. If toggled off, an inverter from the default manufacturer will be added to each design automatically.
- Click “Save” at the top right corner
How to add an inverter in Sales Mode
If “Allow inverter manufacturer choice” is on, users can select an inverter manufacturer in Sales Mode after placing panels. The list of manufacturers is populated based on the inverters that are enabled in the database.
If “Allow inverter manufacturer choice” is off, users won’t be able to select an inverter manufacturer. A compatible inverter from the default manufacturer will be automatically added to the system design.
When a user clicks finalize (after modules are added and any layout changes are made), a compatible inverter and DC optimizer will be selected from the inverters enabled in the database. This selection is based on a number of factors (more details below).
- After a simulation has been run, users can choose to update the inverter manufacturer.
How are inverters and DC optimizers selected?
Aurora will select an inverter combination that can get closest to the system size (while targeting a DC:AC ratio of 1.2) with the lowest inverter count. For manufacturers that produce both micro and string inverters, micro inverters are preferred.
Additional compatibility constraints between the inverter and panels are such as panel and inverter voltage, efficiency, and current and additional manufacturer specifications are also considered.
DC optimizers from the selected manufacturer will be included only if required. Aurora will select a DC optimizer that is compatible with the panel type and inverter and strives to place one DC optimizer on each panel.