Sell with confidence and ease while giving the homeowner an engaging experience with 3D visuals and custom-branded proposals.
By following this guide, you'll be able to:
• Get up to speed quickly with less training time
• Install what you sell and sell what you install
• Reducing your change orders and close faster
1. Prepare your pitch with an Expert Model
Modeling a roof
The first step to selling in Aurora is creating a project and modeling your project's roof to prepare it for designing a solar system. The quickest and easiest way is to have us do this part for you by requesting an Expert Model.
To create a new project and request an expert model:
- Go to the Projects tab
- Select + Project to start a new project
- Enter the address for your target location
- Make sure the project marker pin is directly over your target property
- Click Create
- Scroll down to Expert Model
- Click Send request
- Click Send request
2. Create your own site model
Modeling a roof
If you'd rather model your project’s roof yourself, Aurora makes it easy. Simply follow the steps below.
To manually model a roof:
- Follow steps 1-5 on the previous page (page 1) to create a new project
- Scroll down to the Designs box and click on + New design
- Select Site
- Hover over Roof
- Click SmartRoof pitched/flat or Roof face
- Model your roof
Note: With SmartRoof pitched/flat you'll outline your entire roof. For every point you place, SmartRoof pitched/flat will create a roof face. With Roof face you can decide if you want to model several roof planes or just a single roof plane.
3. Capture your project's energy consumption
Collect usage details
The next important step we recommend is adding in your project's usage details. This will ensure greater accuracy when preparing your sales pitch.
To add in usage details:
- In your created project navigate to Sales Mode at the top right
- Click Go to Sales Mode
- Click the menu icon in the upper left
- Select Consumption
Click + Add Energy Usage
You'll have four options to choose from. Select one and enter the corresponding numbers below
Double-check the Utility rate and the Post-Solar Rate
When finished click Done
4. Adding panels onto your project's roof
Place solar panels
After you've entered in your project's usage details you're ready to place panels. Follow the below steps to quickly and easily add panels to your project's modeled roof.
To place panels on your project:
- Select the menu icon in the top left corner and click Design
Click Edit system design
Select the 6 small squares
Choose your panel type, orientation, and if you want a filler row in the advanced section
In the upper right, you'll see Energy offset. You can also turn panels on and off by clicking the panels. Panels in black are turned on, and panels greyed out are turned off.
Once finished, click Finalize
5. Select your project's financing
Select financing options
After you've placed your panels, it's time to add financing to your project.
To add financing:
- Navigate back to the menu icon in your project and click Financing
- Click Edit financing
- Choose between Cash and Aurora Custom Financing
- You can also show your customers two financing options side by side by clicking Compare
- When finished click Done
Note: The Aurora custom financing option must be configured in Database>Financing Options by an account administrator when first adding in a new financing product
6. Quickly send out your proposal
Share with the homeowner
With the previous steps completed, you are now able to give the homeowner a copy of the proposal by either sending them a web proposal link or downloading a PDF and printing it off as a leave-behind.
To send out a web proposal link:
- Go to the menu icon and click Share
- Enter in your Customer's email address
- Click Send
- For a PDF proposal leave behind or system summary, select Download
- Lastly, click Done